In addition to providing exceptional behavioral healthcare for our clients, we also value and support active engagement with our local community.
Much of our mission is realized one client at a time, one hour at a time. We also recognize that the progressive social changes that are necessary to support everyone’s mental health require us to leave our offices and meaningfully connect with the world outside. We are honored to collaborate with other organizations and sponsor events that share our core values of inclusion and affirmation. See where we’ve been!
- Staff members have trained with Transgender Training Institute as Trainers to provide tailored training programs for schools, businesses, and organizations seeking to increase cultural competence with transgender students, employees, and consumers.
- Partnered with UNL Teacher Learning Teacher Education Department for the first Wellness & Well-Being Colloquium. Together with Raul Palacios, spoke to pre-service teachers about recognizing and intervening with student mental health difficulties in the classroom, as well as prioritizing teacher self-care.
- Facilitated ‘Fostering Well-Being in Transgender and Gender Diverse Youth: Essentials for Educators’ at the UNL Spring Wellness and Well-Being Colloquium for pre-service teachers.
- Served on the Gender Eligibility Committee of the Nebraska State Activities Association to improve access to school-sponsored activities for transgender and gender diverse youth.
- Provided training to staff at Child Advocacy Center on providing sensitive and affirming services to the transgender and gender diverse youth and families served at their agency.
Sponsorships and Endorsements
Since opening our doors in January of 2019, we have sponsored and endorsed the following events in the Lincoln, NE community:
- Star City Pride (6/7/19 – 6/9/19)
- Prairie Pride Film Festival (7/11/19 – 7/13/19)
- LGBTQA+ History Dinner – UNL LGBTQA+ Center (10/11/19)
- International Pronouns Day 2019 (10/16/19)
On a national level, Kindred Psychology is an official endorser of International Pronouns Day. Together with other progressive businesses, nonprofits, colleges and universities, government, community groups, and related organizations, we appear on their website declaring solidarity with the following statement:
“We endorse International Pronouns Day, which seeks to make respecting, sharing, and educating about personal pronouns commonplace. Referring to people by the pronouns they determine for themselves is basic to human dignity. Being referred to by the wrong pronouns particularly affects transgender and gender nonconforming people. Together, we can transform society to celebrate people’s multiple, intersecting identities.”
Do you have suggestions for future events or partnerships?
Are you interested in being the next guest artist at Kindred Psychology?