Couple and Relationship Therapist
Kindred Psychology is currently hiring a doctoral-level psychologist, LIMHP or LICSW clinician who is licensed or license-eligible to practice in the state of Nebraska. We seek a clinician who specializes in marital, couples, and relationship therapy, and require demonstrated knowledge and enthusiasm for working with LGBTQ+ clients using an inclusive and affirming approach. This position also offers the opportunity to provide individual and group therapy as well as psychological testing for qualified clinicians.
Kindred Psychology is a thriving multi-specialty psychology and psychotherapy practice. We provide exceptional psychological services to individuals, groups, and families of all configurations. We offer a progressive approach to mental healthcare, providing services that are personalized, relational, and scientifically supported. Kindred Psychology is an inclusive and affirming Counseling Psychology practice.
We appreciate that diversity is comprised of the personal experiences, values, and worldviews that intersect with differences of culture and circumstance. Such differences include race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, language, abilities/disabilities, sexual and affective orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic status, among other features. We acknowledge the underrepresentation of diversity in our field, and are committed to addressing this problem by actively seeking applications from diverse mental health providers.
We are a unique strengths-based workplace culture shaped by the core values of:
- Client and clinician engagement
- Personal investment in progressive cultural change
- Honoring diversity with cultural humility and a lens of intersectionality
- Collaborative care of ourselves and each other
- The unwavering belief that transformation is possible
We seek a fully licensed (or license-eligible) doctoral-level psychologist (Ph.D.) or LIMHP/LICSW clinician to join our expanding team of clinicians. This position is open to candidates with specialized practice experience and/or interest in marital, couples, and relationship therapy, and requires experience providing culturally responsive services to LGBTQ+ populations. Other practice opportunities of this position include supervision of provisionally licensed clinicians, program development, and support for social justice pursuits within areas of practice specialization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Licensed Psychologist or LIMHP / LICSW clinician provides exemplary assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of client concerns such as: mood disorders, anxiety, substance abuse, trauma exposure, identity development, adjustment, sexual health difficulties, and life transitions. It is desirable for the Licensed Psychologist or LIMHP / LICSW clinician to possess Gottman Institute certification, or experience or willingness to pursue Gottman training with support from Kindred Psychology.
This position involves the management of sensitive client information and requires strong adherence to professional ethics. The Licensed Psychologist or LIMHP / LICSW clinician must display an absolute ability to maintain a strict standard of confidentiality consistent with Nebraska mental health law.
The Licensed Psychologist or LIMHP / LICSW clinician must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills; sensitive and direct interpersonal skills; commitment to engaging in a collaborative team atmosphere; dedication to progressive cultural change, professional appearance and hygiene practices; and a kind and supportive demeanor. In order to be successful in this position, the Licensed Psychologist or LIMHP / LICSW clinician will demonstrate an ability to work with a high degree of independence, a strong work ethic, and exemplary ability to balance self-motivation and self-care.
About Working with Kindred Psychology:
We provide comprehensive mental health services for young adolescents through older adults. Our experienced and highly engaged practitioners specialize in LGBTQ+ populations, transgender health and resilience, life transitions, traumatic experiences, infertility and reproductive – mental health difficulties, sexual health and sexuality concerns, mood and anxiety disorders, young adult and college/graduate student mental health, and the unique stressors experienced by educators, school administrators, university staff and faculty.
Why should you join Kindred Psychology?
- Schedule autonomy. With 24/7 access to your private office and our practice, you have the freedom to schedule clients in alignment with your preferences and client needs. We only require 3 client hours per week to be scheduled after 5 pm, or 1 therapy group to be scheduled at 6 pm or later. The remaining hours are scheduled according to your preferences and client needs.
- Support for specialization. As a rapidly growing practice we are experiencing a demand that is greater than our supply of available clinical hours. We are seeking a licensed psychologist or LIMHP / LICSW clinician who wishes to focus their clinical interests in marital, couple, and relationship therapy as their specialization of choice.
- Professional development support. We are dedicated to supporting the career aspirations of our team members. In addition to marital, couple, and relationship therapy, your practice may include group therapy, Telehealth, family therapy, professional consultations, supervision, workshops, and/or speaking engagements.
- You are supported administratively. Credentialing, billing, and administrative services are provided to promote access to services for clients, and to allow clinicians to focus on providing the highest quality services.
- You are not isolated. Our team values collaboration and peer consultation and is well-connected among traditional healthcare practices as well as complimentary and alternative medical practices in the area.
- Working for social justice. At Kindred Psychology, we are passionate about serving our community, both in an out of the therapy room. It is an expectation for all clinicians to support community activism congruent with their practice specialization.
- An atmosphere of balance. We are dedicated to modeling healthy lifestyles through an emphasis on clinician self-care and a healthy work/life balance.
- Excellent earning potential and job security. Kindred Psychology uses a progressive compensation structure designed to mitigate the risks and reduce the tax burden of private practice, while allowing practitioners scheduling autonomy and the freedom to dictate income based on the number of clients seen.
- As W-2 employees, clinicians are eligible for BCBS Health Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, paid time off, 10 paid holidays, parental leave, workers compensation insurance. The cost of malpractice insurance is covered by the practice, and we provide up to 18 hours/year of Continuing Education credits through Affirmative Couch. Financial support for pursuing additional training with Gottman Institute can be negotiated as part of this position.
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. in Counseling or Clinical Psychology, or LIMHP / LICSW in a related discipline.
- Must have or be eligible for a valid license to practice psychology, mental health, or social work in Nebraska. Relocation assistance is available.
- Must desire to develop a practice specialization in marital, couples, and relationship therapy, and be knowledgeable and enthusiastic about serving the LGBTQ+ community.
Interested applicants should send their curriculum vitae and letter of interest to Dr. Camie Nitzel at firstname.lastname@example.org.