Mental Health Medical Biller
We seek a qualified and dedicated Mental Health Medical Biller to join our inclusive and affirming mental health practice. Duties will include insurance claims submission, re-submitting and appealing denied claims, creating and sending client invoices, recording and reconciling client payments, communicating with clients about payment questions. This part-time hourly position may be performed entirely through telecommuting, provided certain privacy and security requirements are met.
The candidate must possess knowledge of medical mental health billing software and insurance processes, as well as best practices in data entry and analysis. The candidate must also demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as an unwavering commitment to using inclusive and affirming language. The Mental Health Medical Biller is responsible for representing the mission and values of Kindred Psychology at all times.
- Obtain pre-authorizations from insurance companies if necessary.
- Ensure client demographic and insurance information is accurate and up to date.
- Electronically submit claims to insurance companies. Investigate, resubmit, and appeal any denied claims.
- Prepare and send statements and invoices for clients, documenting amounts paid by insurance companies and balance due by clients.
- Record and reconcile payments from clients.
- Communicate with clients about billing needs or questions.
- Other data-related tasks as required.
- Current student or degree in Business, Health Care Administration, Statistics, QQPM, Accounting, Psychology, or related field, OR minimum of 2 years of experience as a Mental Health Medical Biller, OR formal training as a Certified Medical Coder.
- Successful completion of background check.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in all work.
- Solid understanding of billing software and Electronic Medical Records, Microsoft Suite.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and best practices in compliance.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a commitment to using respectful, inclusive, and affirming language.
- Outstanding problem-solving and organizational abilities.
We actively seek applications from people with diverse backgrounds and identities. Members of the LGBTQ+ community, people who are diverse in race, ethnicity, religious affiliation and immigration experience, dual-language speakers, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply. Interested applicants should send their curriculum vitae and letter of interest to Dr. Camie Nitzel at firstname.lastname@example.org.